This book will save you ££s when buying and selling a house!
House Buying, House Selling & Conveyancing offers a step-by-step guide to DIY house buying and DIY house selling, cutting out the expensive middlemen of solicitors and estate agents.
‘An excellent book’
Here’s the first myth this book will explode about house buying and house selling: it is in estate agents and conveyancing solicitors interests to make us all believe that only those who have gone through long, expensive and involved legal training can possibly understand the intricacies of house buying, house selling and conveyancing.
Updated for this sixth edition by barrister Georgia Bedworth, this bestselling book by Joseph Bradshaw, described in The Times as the ‘guru of layperson conveyancing’ explains just how straightforward the whole process of house buying and selling really is.
House Buying, House Selling & Conveyancing will guide you through the process of selling and buying property (whether houses or flats) inexpensively: by cutting out solicitors and estate agent middlemen.
Not only can you sell and buy a house yourself: you can do it economically and easily.
Don’t believe the hype – it really isn’t rocket science to sell or buy a house yourself.
The legal side of transferring a house after a house sale from one owner to another is done by filling in simple forms. We’ll show you how!
And the money side of house selling (i.e. selling one house to pay for another) is a simple business transaction. We’ll talk you through it step-by-simple-step.
House Buying, House Selling & Conveyancing covers everything you need to know about buying a house yourself and selling your own house. It covers every area in-depth and in simple laymen terms. Along the way the book is packed with advice and tips on every area of the process such as moneylenders, house contracts and the exchange of contracts, gazumping, gazoffing and gazundering, registered and unregistered properties, and all the insider secrets and tricks of the trade for layperson conveyancers.
If you want to save yourself ££s and buy or sell your house yourself, you need House Buying, House Selling & Conveyancing.
But don’t just take our word for it:
‘The guru of layperson conveyancing’
Valid in England & Wales
House Buying, House Selling and Conveyancing Contents
- House buying
- Buying a new house
- Should I sell my own house first or buy a house first?
- Estate agents
- DIY House selling: No agents please
- House Selling
- Gazumping, gazoffing and gazundering
- The Registers
- Conveyancing for laypeople
- House buying and selling: registered houses
- House buying and selling: unregistered houses
- Matrimonial homes
- Flat buying and flat selling
- Commonhold properties
- House buying and house selling: Tricks of the trade
Completed examples of Land Registry and conveyancing forms
Selling a house can be complicated, sometimes takes a long time, and mistakes can be costly. The process can be stressful and full of delays, and is rarely undertaken without help from a whole raft of experts who earn their living on the back of home buyers and sellers. Not surprisingly, someone selling a house for the first time can feel bewildered and overwhelmed. If you have never sold a house before, this book can be your guide, and is packed with helpful advice to make the process of selling easier. On the other hand, if you have sold a house before, but been dissatisfied with the process or the outcome, this book is also for you. You will already have experienced part of the learning curve, but every property sale is unique and it can take several sales before you feel that you qualify as an experienced seller. This easy-to-read guide will steer you through the whole process, right from the initial decision to sell, to the completion of the last piece of paperwork. It will look at what you can do before you put your property on the market to attract buyers and maximise the price. The various methods by which a property can be sold will be discussed, along with the paperwork and costs you may encounter. The agencies and individuals you will need to work with as you market your house will be examined, and guidance given on viewings and negotiations. With this help you will be able to approach the sale of your house with increased knowledge and confidence, and reduced stress and worry.
Homes that aren’t staged correctly not only take longer to sell, but sell for less. So what’s the solution? Learning how to stage it correctly – straight from a realtor! “STAGE IT RIGHT” shares all the best secrets, tips, tricks & techniques used by industry experts, home design gurus, real estate experts and home staging pros to get the job done right and for maximum profit.
THE BIG SECRET
– understanding what buyers actually want & how to avoid the biggest mistake sellers make
– what triggers home buyers to fall in love with a home
– how long it takes a buyer to decide they love a home
WHY YOU SHOULD THROW HOUSE UNWARMING PARTY!
– the stylish way to break up with your home & mentally shift gears into staging it to sell
HOW TO DEAL WITH CLUTTER
– For. Good.
PROVEN EXTERIOR STAGING TECHNIQUES
– step-by-step instructions on how to stage the exterior for maximum curb appeal
– the proven paint palettes that are most popular with home buyers
– tips on landscaping, pruning, prepping the walkways & patios
– why lawn paint can be a sellers bestie
– how to get the scale of exterior lighting correct
– cleaning windows, including stubborn hard water mineral stains
– important things to NOT ever forget to do when your home is listed
– what to do when bad neighbors happen to a good house for sale
INTERIOR STAGING DONE CORRECTLY
– the paint colors most popular with home buyers
– the areas of the home most important to home buyers
– the areas not to spend as much of your time or money on
– kitchens & bathrooms 101
– flooring options & fixes
– excellent insider tips on how to clean a fireplace, wash a window & the best light bulbs for every area of the home
– offbeat but awesome insider secrets such as using ice cubes to remove furniture dents from the carpet, a spray paint that will transform any appliance with a chic & durable stainless steel exterior, the cheapest way to “fake” a bed when you’re staging otherwise-empty rooms and using Lemonade Kool-Aid to clean out the dishwasher
HOW TO TAKE AMAZING LISTING PHOTOS
– technical tips including the best time of day to shoot equipment to use
– ways of creating the most attractive and editorial-looking images
– tips on what to focus on
– guidelines for creating a Home Tour DVD
HOW MUCH VARIOUS HOME IMPROVEMENTS PAY OFF
– a summary of some of the more important or interesting statistics (such as how long on average homes stay on the market once listed & how long it takes a buyer after they walk in the door to fall in love with a home)
– comparing typical home-improvement investments & how much they return in terms of the sale price of the home
– the “don’t bother” list of stuff buyers really aren’t interested in
– what your realtor will need from you
– all the fixes, both inside & out, you’ll need to make
– shooting the house & showing it
WHERE TO FIND WHAT YOU NEED
– all the various equipment lists & specific products listed in one place to make any shopping & prepping go that much more smoothly
– great places to find recommended handymen, organizers, photographers, videographers, home stagers & other pros
“STAGE IT RIGHT” is like having all the best advice from top industry pros right at your fingertips for every step of the way, enabling you to stage a house to its best possible advantage and get the best sale price possible.
For more tips & insights every day on staging a home to sell, visit us at https://www.facebook.com/AgentFreckles